Friday, August 9, 2013

Hatched @ Holland Village

It has been awhile since I last went on a food hunt. 
Ladies and gentlemen, i give you..Hatched.

A restaurant selling eggs in many forms. Great place to hang out, great place for breakfast, brunch, tea time, and even dinner. My food hunting culprit is once again my lovely sister, Chia Mei, who came visiting a few days.

Before I go on, I would like to comment on the staff who operates the phone calls. He was very misleading in giving directions. At the Holland Village mrt, there are 3 exits, I asked for directions and which exits do I take, he told me there is only one escalator, go up and go straight and you can find it. Thus, it took us awhile to find the place. So to make things easier, EXIT B people, up the escalator, then go straight, it's on your left among the row of shops.
Then I asked if I gotta make any reservations, he said no, just walk in. When we arrived, the place was packed! Thankfully, there was a small table for 2 where a kind uncle staff sat us.

This is how it looks like from the outside.





I liked the simple decor and the toy displays. It gives a really homey and carefree environment.





The cute salt and pepper shaker which caught my sister's attention
The cute menu as shown on their website here.

These are what we ordered.
Sleepover Hatched Special, SD 12
 
Bananas and bacons..who knew right, it was a great combination.
Drizzle some maple syrup and it's perfect.
Smoked Royale, SD 13 (one portion)
Sir Benedict, SD 13 (one portion)
 Eggs poached well
Plus the sauce, the english muffins and the egg yolk, it ain't dry and it tasted good.
Well done.
F.T.P, SD 12
 
Another 'dessert' that we ordered.
French toast and peaches with cheese.
Mmmm....Good good.
Only the walnuts, I didn't think it matched quite well with it.

Overall:
Service: Great service, friendly staff
Food: Good, not dry, filling.
Price: Slightly expensive for it's portion.

I would come again.
Here is the address and contact info
http://www.hatched.sg/?page_id=9

 Credits to my sister for some of those nice photo shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment