Friday, September 3, 2010

Training in TEMPTATIONS! =)

Hey all,
especially Nigel Tan =)
Sorry haven been updating in awhile
Here's wat's been happening lately.

I'm currently undergoing my industrial training in
Temptation, Taylor's
Started July
=/

But i'm only updating now
I'm outdated
><

I've learnt many things On d 1st week,
I was in charge to make cupcakes
These are it =)
Without d icing
n now
With d icing =)
Don they look pretty

I made my 1st sponge cake there
It was a success
Eagerly waiting for it in d oven
Ta-Da!!
Beautiful sponge cake!
It's really spongy n fluffy
=D

OH!!
I also made pastry cream
It's something new that i learnt while training there
it's something like custard
So i always jus call it custard =)
N this is wat custard cream is used for
Making tarts..fruit tarts!
However, sadly..
I did not take pics of d end products of the fruit tarts
But honestly, it looks deliciously beautiful!!!!

Carving!
Beautiful aint it..
There were more pretty ones my frens did
I'm a fool again for not taking those pics
=(

My very 1st butter cake
N also a cake that i made when my pastry chef was on mc

Its a strawberry cake decorated with Swiss Meringue
N i ran outta strawberries that time so
That's y d center is filled with jam
My pastry mate Ariff helped me
=/

My 1st mille crepe cake
(layered pancakes with fillings in between)
I was really happy bout this
bcuz it was my 1st time making without any assistance
but guidance from my frens
I din know it would be a success
At least i think it's a success
Oh, but d decorations was done by our baker sifu,
Edmund Chan
Thanks alot =)

During d last week in pastry i was baking muffins
Strawberry muffin
White choc + green tea
OMG
This combination actually taste amazing!
MUST TRY
White choc + raisins
mmmmmm...
Choc volcano muffin
Choc muffin
Choc chips muffin
This was actually my 1st batch =)

I wouldnt have so many varieties
without d help from Edmund Chan again
Told u he's a sifu ><
haha...

More 2 come
(",)

1 comment: