Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kitchen Practical 26/6/10

Hey peeps
This time it's BEEF


Here's my dishRoasted Beef Tenderloin
Accompanied with Potato Croquette, Glazed Carrot, Mushroom & Capsicum Puree
Served with Bordelaise Sauce




Pros & Cons :


I was planning do present with okra
But there was no okra,
had to replace with carrot =/
It was a last min thing,
Ruin d presentation i had in mind =(

I failed my capsicum puree as there were lumps
And i used olive oil
Failure
=/

Also there were too much mushrooms on my plate
D shiitake was planned
But the mushroom sauce thingy is not..
I thought it looked empty
so i jus added the creamy mushroom sauce
...
Chef said 1 type is enough
><

I LOVE MUSHROOMS!!

It was my 1st time making potato croquette
Guess wat..
Chef said it's good!!
Hehe..

And he said my beef marination and doneness is good too!!!!
:D

Potato croquette ingredients:
Mash potato
Milk
Salt
A little nutmeg
Egg yolk and eggs for coating
Breadcrumbs for coating

Beef marinade:
Wholegrain mustard
Salt & pepper
Thyme
Sage

Correct capsicum puree is
Blend with water
Not olive oil
NOTED!

Here are the winners for d day
Foo Haw
BEST presentation according to chef
And i think so too

Syafiq
It look nice
His capsicum puree is a super success
Look at that red liquid
Cool

Kah Wai's
I think that her presentation is nice
Unfortunately her beef was a lil dry

Alrite
That's all for now =)
(",)/

2 comments:

  1. Well all the best in your culinary progress! I know you'll do good ;), never give up in what you belief in! Remember that! And I wish you all the best of luck in attaining your dreams and goals in the near future. Stay real, stay original and sooner or later someone will notice the talents that is instill in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake i'm stil in m'sia..-.-
    Don talk like i'm goin away..
    U can keep ur inspiring words to tell me everytime we meet =)

    ReplyDelete